Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sydney show 22nd of October

Well, there you go, i've waited very patiently for this, with the cancelled show in 2013, to watching everyone post videos and reviews of this tour. It was worth the wait, I don't think i ever really appreciated how balanced they were as a band with Christine back. Everything flows better has a counterbalance it's just perfection.

New songs were amazing.... i felt BTLH fell flat due to it's placement in the set, that section was a real rocking part of the show and i kind put an end to that. but Sara was out of this world, best live in person version i've heard. Think About Me, well you could have knocked me over with a feather, if i hadn't heard that during soundcheck i wouldn't have believe you.

Two more shows to go....
Old 10-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you enjoyed the show! I just find it odd that they decide to change the setlist on the final leg of the tour, with only 16 shows to go. But I am glad they have a little adventure left in them!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My videos. Will keep adding to this post as I upload them. My height was a bit of a hindrance to getting great footage even though I was in the fifth row but anyway...

My battery died in World Turning, but I got some very crappy footage with my phone of a couple of songs. Apologies for the shakiness and poor quality.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-23-2015 at 04:26 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie literally just falsetto the intro to Sara?

OMG I think I'm seeing things...
Old 10-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting your videos. That was a really nice version of "Sara." I saw them perform it on the 2013 tour, minus Christine, but I think this version is better. Also enjoyed "Think About Me" with better sound than the previously posted video.

The Internet is a wonderful thing... to be able to watch Fleetwood Mac perform in Sydney here in Minnesota, USA just hours after it happened is fantastic. I had the pleasure of visiting Sydney, Brisbane, and Port Douglas on a vacation 2 years ago and would love to return.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:50 PM

Thanks for posting!! Love that Lindsey made Stevie give him a kiss! Good shots Nicole.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting those wonderful videos, I went all teary eyed. I can't wait to see them. Counting down the days (what to wear, what to wear?).

What kind of camera did you bring? I've got a little handycam that takes photos, has anyone had trouble bringing these into venues?

Honestly, it's a dream setlist for me.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmira View Post
Thank you so much for posting those wonderful videos, I went all teary eyed. I can't wait to see them. Counting down the days (what to wear, what to wear?).

What kind of camera did you bring? I've got a little handycam that takes photos, has anyone had trouble bringing these into venues?

Honestly, it's a dream setlist for me.
No problem! I thought I may as well try and get some footage while in a position to do so. Seats for some of my other shows don't have a particularly good vantage point in comparison.

I know NOTHING about cameras and this was my first time using one since I was 11 and had a film camera - disposable and all.... It's just a small (but expensive-ish) digital camera. Had no issues bringing it in. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100.../dp/B00889ST2G

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to see Fleetwood Mac tomorrow night. I'm not going to watch your videos yet Nicole - I'm sure they are great but I promised myself I wouldn't watch any of the videos until after I've seen them in the flesh.

I am very surprised that they decided to change the set list at this late stage of the world tour. I am a little disappointed that I Know I'm Not Wrong has been dropped because I really love that song, but I'm looking forward to Sara and Think About Me.

I'll be sitting (or standing) on the arena floor, section SG-1, row 27, seats 11-14. Are any Ledgies seated nearby?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Also, Lindsey needs a refresher course on The Beatles. He attributed Ringo's 'I've got blisters on my fingers!', which comes at the end of Helter Skelter, to John Lennon.

I volunteer to give said refresher course...

Old 10-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fantastic videos, Nicole. Thank you for posting! Also, glad to see Chris is still making good use of her whistle.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing videos, thank you for posting! They are in good form - and Stevie sounds fantastic. One of the best Saras I've heard in recent years. And the vocals on Think About Me sounds really tight - much better than in the first video that was posted. So glad that the band finally made it to Oz!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ASTONISHED by Think About Me. Devastated that I didn't get to experience it. This is great.

I would have preferred if Lindsey did his part more ferociously. I liked the contrast of her crooning and him demanding, THINK ABOUT ME, every once in a while. I don't particularly like his softer stance on the song.

But if I'd been in the audience, if she said they were doing one from Tusk I would have been jumping up and down from that point on, dying through the seconds it took to have her specify which song it was.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-22-2015 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Did Stevie literally just falsetto the intro to Sara?

OMG I think I'm seeing things...
Where are you hearing falsetto there?
Old 10-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
No problem! I thought I may as well try and get some footage while in a position to do so. Seats for some of my other shows don't have a particularly good vantage point in comparison.

I know NOTHING about cameras and this was my first time using one since I was 11 and had a film camera - disposable and all.... It's just a small (but expensive-ish) digital camera. Had no issues bringing it in. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100.../dp/B00889ST2G
Thanks for that, those little cameras are good. I know what you mean by seating positions, looks like you had pretty good ones here. I tried, but the closest Ill be getting is 12 rows from the front in Geelong but it still should be a surreal experience. Might even get another ticket but behind the stage at Rod Laver, might be an interesting angle? Have seats for one of the arena shows but it's lower level so my child has a view