User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Tusk Expanded - Early Thoughts

Listening now (on shuffle) as I type, some early thoughts;

One version of IKINW has a lot of Stevie - sort of like a duo with LB. Really enjoyed it.
Angel version is very sexy - 50's night club like. Boring at first but really grew on me as the song progressed. Different lyrics at end.
Brown Eyes (with LB & PG) - completely different lyrics?
Live Save Me A Place - awesome!

So far some really cool stuff - really surprised!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara79 View Post
Listening now (on shuffle) as I type, some early thoughts;

One version of IKINW has a lot of Stevie - sort of like a duo with LB. Really enjoyed it.
Angel version is very sexy - 50's night club like. Boring at first but really grew on me as the song progressed. Different lyrics at end.
Brown Eyes (with LB & PG) - completely different lyrics?
Live Save Me A Place - awesome!

So far some really cool stuff - really surprised!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews.
Thanks for the review! Any changes to the lyrics in the alternate version of Beautiful Child? How did it sound?
Old 12-04-2015, 01:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

Listening now for you.
I'm at work so not easy - sounds like it has some sort of mild echo effect/more acoustic guitar?/different ending layered vocals
Sorry can't detect any new lyrics apart from LB whispering something towards the end.

By the way that new Brown Eyes is a completely different lyric. Don't think it even mentions "Brown Eyes" - refers to "yesterdays tears"

If you're ever feeling lonely
Don't forget to call on me
Through all the years I've known you
You've always been good to me

Sha la la's..

Yesterdays tears
Your're over the ?????
Old 12-04-2015, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

I know I'm not Shackin'Up, I know I did a cursory listen only, but he will love the audio roadmaps of IKINW and Tusk.

There's plenty of Peter Green on Brown Eyes, which is just as big a deal as the alternate lyrics, IMO.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 12-04-2015, 04:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Im sooo impressed .... Its all to much to take in yet .... Ive been shuffling all over all day trying to take it all in .... Sooo much cool different stuff . I was expecting a bit more from stevies live songs but maybe they will grow on me i dont like how she sorta talks lyrics during sisters of the moon instead of singing .... The mirage sisters bootleg was so epic but seems her voice is strained on tusk tour version ..., either way its all so new to my ears so love it . Lindsey just shines throughout in the live stuff .... The 8 minute sara is great ... Backing vocals sounds like her solo band sorta .... Im blabbing now and not really reviewing well ... I need a couple of weeks to take it all in . But totally loving it all in general !!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Registered

I like the twang in the intro to Rhiannon on the live cd
Old 12-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Out on the road!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
I know I'm not Shackin'Up, I know I did a cursory listen only, but he will love the audio roadmaps of IKINW and Tusk.

There's plenty of Peter Green on Brown Eyes, which is just as big a deal as the alternate lyrics, IMO.
I started with track 11 disc two. Out on the road, and it already brought me to Tears. Wonderful. I just love love love Lindsey's early sketches where he is just trying and searching. It's creativity to the max! And then these roadmaps,man, I'm hooked. All the takes are searching for something different! Fantastic.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Disc II
18 Tusk, that first demo is a five minute transcendental acoustic experience., delicate acoustic guitar! Wow.

19 Tusk. Wonderful, that stage riff version.

20 Tusk , frik! This is the experiment to the top! Punk! Fabulous vocal searching. And different Rythm sounds. Jungle beats, completely going nuts! Camper van Beethoven eat your heart out!

I need a bourbon right now.

21 Tusk, creepy vocals in the second part! Oh man the guy just loves to drive things to the extreme.

22 Tusk, super to hear a brassdriven version even with a drumbandbreak in the middle.

I'm psyched with this.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Went further with the livedisc 1,

What a joy it is to hear these tracks untouched. Damn, that Chain is simply rocking gorgeous. But so is the open and earthy Don't Stop. On speed! Those voices, they are all so loose and confident in searching eachother, raw and tingling. Love it.

Even Dreams is too high paced. Coke? Steve takes so many liberties here. Certainly not the best version, but I'm happy that they were looking for different approaches. And the backingvocals are pretty spot on, so there's always an anchor.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara79 View Post
Listening now for you.
I'm at work so not easy - sounds like it has some sort of mild echo effect/more acoustic guitar?/different ending layered vocals
Sorry can't detect any new lyrics apart from LB whispering something towards the end.

By the way that new Brown Eyes is a completely different lyric. Don't think it even mentions "Brown Eyes" - refers to "yesterdays tears"

If you're ever feeling lonely
Don't forget to call on me
Through all the years I've known you
You've always been good to me

Sha la la's..

Yesterdays tears
Your're over the ?????
Thanks again for your thorough descriptions!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Loving this set, just getting to the end of disk two, but I listened to disc three first. Then onto the live set before sleep, so far highlights have been the new Brown Eyes and the evalution of Tusk and IKINW.

Initially I was so disappointed when Amazon told me Monday delivery, then I remembered autorip, so a quick download, a bottle of red wine and a set of headphones and I'm done for the night!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 12-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Went further with the livedisc 1, what a joy it is to hear these tracks untouched. Damn, that 'The Chain' is simply rocking gorgeous. But so is the open and earthy 'Don't Stop' - on speed!

Even 'Dreams' is too high paced. Coke? Stevie takes so many liberties here; certainly not the best version, but I'm happy that they were looking for different approaches.
I'm listening to live disc 1 now; indeed the speed of 'Don't stop' and 'Dreams' is remarkable, and yet they were recorded a week apart. 'The chain' is the longest live version I know (7:51)!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Alternate Tusk is fanF***INGtasic!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone please explain something to me? I pre-ordered the new Bruce Springsteen The River set and the new Fleetwood Mac Tusk set on the same day. This morning when I woke up I had an email saying that I could listen to the Bruce Springsteen music that I had bought because there was an auto rip logo next to it. The Fleetwood Mac set that I ordered doesn't have the auto rip and I don't think I ordered a British edition (I live in the US and have never ordered anything from the UK Amazon site). I would have just thought that the Fleetwood Mac set wasn't on auto rip, but now I'm reading all your postings saying that it is. I'm dying to get my ears on it tonight!!!! What happened?

Kevin
Old 12-05-2015, 12:45 AM
Ledgie

Too much to absorb but love all the Tusks, acoustic Storms, alternate Save Me A Place, and Not That Funny remix. That live Chain is a beast! They could have brought Stevie forward in the mix a little more but it's still one of the most intense live version of the song I've ever heard. Next time I hear someone dismisses FM as being only lightweight Pop, I'm going to make them listen to this performance. Also, interesting that the remastered album proper now includes the mix of IKINW that some of the original album pressings had. I know there has been much talk here about that mix and which version was officially intended for release by the band.