The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Exciting announcement coming? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59675)

bwboy 11-22-2022 10:30 PM

I just saw Christine is selling several of her awards, including AMA trophies, plus platinum certifications. I guess she must not care about those honors. She should be ashamed of herself. A lot of people would liked to have won awards or have albums that went gold or platinum. It’s such a slap in the face!

I think it should be illegal for Mick, John, and Christine to sell these honors and awards- who do they think they are? John should be forced to keep that surfboard Stevie got him forever. There’s no reason he can’t just keep it in storage.

The clothes Christine is selling should have been donated to the Salvation Army, or some other second hand store. It’s unacceptable that she’s offering fans the opportunity to purchase these items. She has enough money, anyway. Who cares if some of the proceeds go to charity- it’s probably only 10% anyway. Who cares if the total collected is $1 million- that means only 10%, or $100,000, would actually go charity. Peanuts! I doubt if any charity would take such a small amount.

jbrownsjr 11-24-2022 12:32 PM

The river goes on and on, and the sea that divides us is a temporary one.

Happy Thanksgiving!

HomerMcvie 11-24-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1279128)
The river goes on and on, and the sea that divides us is a temporary one.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mick Fleetwood is the biggest turkey of them all...

Happy Thanksgiving!

FuzzyPlum 11-24-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279092)
If my dad was a famous rocker who left me his gold or platinum albums when he died, the first thing I would do is sell them. Maybe Mick knows his kids have no interest in that stuff and has decided to cash in now and make the money part of their inheritance. Who knows? Would I do that, if I had gold or platinum certificates? No. But if they were my dads? Hell yeah I’d sell them. And selling his RRHOF trophy isn’t a big deal to me- whether he keeps the award or sells it or melts it for scrap metal or uses it as a door stopper, he’s still in the HOF regardless. It’s not an insult if he offers it for auction. The honor is still his, no matter what he does with the trophy.

At least the fans have a chance to buy the items.

If I’d been awarded such honours I’d treasure them forever. And if my dad/mum sold them I’d be heartbroken. They’d be the number one thing I’d want to inherit. Why oh why would anyone ever sell anything like that?….unless they were totally broke?

DownOnRodeo 11-24-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279105)
John should be forced to keep that surfboard Stevie got him forever. There’s no reason he can’t just keep it in storage.

:laugh:

HomerMcvie 11-25-2022 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1279131)
:laugh:

BW lives on a different plane....

bwboy 11-25-2022 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279132)
BW lives on a different plane....

Dude, I don’t even like flying, so no way would I live on a plane. Sheesh!

Macfan4life 11-25-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279133)

And you'll go fast like a jet plane
And you'll go fast like a star stream

whispering the words....one more time
dont let that golden hair get in your way baby

UnwindedDreams 11-25-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1279134)
And you'll go fast like a jet plane
And you'll go fast like a star stream

whispering the words....one more time
dont let that golden hair get in your way baby

I would love to see what moves Stevie would present for a performance of that song. It's like she's trying to sing Let The Music Play. Perhaps it would be a tambourine shake.

HomerMcvie 11-25-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1279133)

I don't fly, unless absolutely necessary, but I was referring to a different form of plane.

vivfox 11-26-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279129)
Mick Fleetwood is the biggest turkey of them all...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Has anyone noticed it's always fair game to trash Mick Fleetwood? None of us ever come to his defense because I believe generally we all agree he is a shmuck. But when anyone trashes Stevie or Lindsey a multitude of people come in here thinking it's their job to defend their hero.

HomerMcvie 11-26-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1279144)
Has anyone noticed it's always fair game to trash Mick Fleetwood? None of us ever come to his defense because I believe generally we all agree he is a shmuck. But when anyone trashes Stevie or Lindsey a multitude of people come in here thinking it's their job to defend their hero.

Well, $tevie has a CULT. She could murder 10k children, and her cult would defend her actions.

bwboy 11-26-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1279144)

I would say that’s because fans feel more of a connection to the three singer/songwriters than to the drummer or bassist.

UnwindedDreams 11-26-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279147)
Well, $tevie has a CULT. She could murder 10k children, and her cult would defend her actions.

She was DJT before 2015.

bwboy 11-26-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1279147)

Thank heavens none of Lindsey’s fans act that way! You know, can do no wrong, kept the band together (except when he left), making Tango so Mick would have money, lying that Buck/Vie wasn’t a Fleetwood Mac album UNTIL he was fired, then he grew some balls and said it really was a FM album. And even then, people defended him- “well, when he was a member he HAD to lie to the fans!” My personal favorite example his fans give of what a generous person Lindsey was- when they point out the time he had a drug dealer living in an RV on his property so Mick would have access to drugs while making Tango. Wow- now that’s a friend! As opposed to, say, encouraging Mick to seek help. But no, that’s just the kind of person Lindsey was LOL!

Yeah, like you said, the fanaticism only applies to Stevie cult members.