The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FM Live: How have I lived without this CD? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6136)

anna 04-18-2002 11:53 AM

Good for you, but...

...why was I sooo obedient!? :shrug: :(

I hate to say it, but this is a thing I will regret on my death-bed. Missing the concert in 1980. Oh please, let them come to Europe this time!

Anna

The Tower 04-18-2002 12:12 PM

"Landslide" is unbelievable.... She's so fragile. Her voice can just barely make the notes out. Especially-

"Can I- handle the seasons... of my life???
I don't know... I don't know...."

What she must have been thinking when she was looking out into the blackness of the audience.

"Over and Over" is really, really, good too. The songs from Tusk are so underrated. I think Tusk is WAY better than Rumours.

Oh well.....

DownOnRodeo 04-18-2002 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Tower

"Over and Over" is really, really, good too. The songs from Tusk are so underrated. I think Tusk is WAY better than Rumours.

Oh well.....

You're probably in the majority here at the Ledge. :wavey: :wavey: I think so anyway. Oh to hell with it...I Know I'm Not Wrong!!:laugh: :p

Sugar 04-18-2002 08:03 PM

I adore

Lindsey's backing vocals on Dreams! "When the rain wasHES you clean..."
First time I heard it

Sugar 04-18-2002 08:04 PM

THAT IS

first time I heard it I think I went little weak!

EnchantedStorms 04-19-2002 01:00 AM

I just love this version of Landslide. Her voice DOES sound fragile...and it just makes me wanna cry for her...I mean, Landslide almost makes me cry (for me) anyway, lol....but this version just "gets" me.:) LOL...makes me wanna cry for the BOTH of us! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and Over and Over ROCKS on this album!! I LOVE it! It's one of my favorite Chris songs regardless....but this is GREAT!

~~Angela~~:wavey:

estranged4life 04-19-2002 12:00 PM

Speaking of "Over And Over"...

does anyone have a bootleg of the concert from Oklahoma City (OKC to us "Okies") from which this version of "Over And Over" is taken from?

Even though I dont like the production all that much of the "Fleetwood Mac Live" album, I do like most of the versions of the songs used: Rhiannon, I'm So Afraid, & Sara come to mind...

PS-I just traded for a Cd from the Rumours tour, Songbirds-Oklahoma City 5-18-77 which sounds amazing...I wonder why alot of the great 'Mac bootlegs like this one werent used? AWESOME sound...Brian

jwd 04-19-2002 05:51 PM

Angela...

I agree...this version of Landslide is spellbinding. Her voice sounds so fragile...like it was one of those nights where she had to get shots to reduce the swelling in her vocal chords. But Stevie dug down deep and pulled it out. Just when you think her voice is going to give out she comes back with an amazing vocal.... almost adding a "special effect" emotion to the song....YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP!!!!!!!

Joe

FiercestCalmSea 04-19-2002 08:25 PM

The Live album is the first one that i listened to after i saw The Dance on TV...i was amazed at the difference in Stevie's voice that is for sure..but it is still one of my favs..that was the first time that i heard "Sara" after realizing that my mom had named me after the song..