The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What is your 5 favorite Peter Green songs? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=46994)

Wouter Vuijk 05-11-2011 03:47 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to say "I love ALL PG recordings", but perhaps I should exclude 5 as being the less best. Ehm, guess I can't come up with 5.

BTW In Chili's list there's not too many Blues Jam at Chess material (I miss Last Night, Sugar Mama, South Indiana, Ooh Baby), Oh Well, the list is endless. Miss the "to come in the future" tracks ;).

dino 05-11-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 982355)
Wouldn't it be easier to say "I love ALL PG recordings", but perhaps I should exclude 5 as being the less best. Ehm, guess I can't come up with 5.

BTW In Chili's list there's not too many Blues Jam at Chess material (I miss Last Night, Sugar Mama, South Indiana, Ooh Baby), Oh Well, the list is endless. Miss the "to come in the future" tracks ;).

Yep, this has turned into 5 favorite recordings, which is not the same thing. But hey, it's only natural with Greeny being a great performer of others' material.

dsp1979 05-13-2011 01:37 AM

here's mine

stop messin around
oh well
i loved another woman
man of the world
showbiz blues

and constantly changin as well:blob2:

chiliD 05-17-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino (Post 978761)
Well, 50 favorite songs works too :thumbsup:.

Well, yeah, I was trying to make the total evenly divisible by 5...does that count? :lol:

chiliD 05-17-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 982355)

Like I said, I just went off the top of my head...the two Chess tunes that always stick out in my mind are "Watch Out" & "Homework". Again, had I been at home with the albums in front of me, the list would be at LEAST double...and would've irritated a few MORE people at the length of my "5 favorite Peter Green songs". :thumbsup:

Rubber Duck 09-24-2013 07:33 AM

Bumping this as I am new to the forum...
I introduced myself in this post: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52668

As great as his blues playing is, there´s no way I could NOT choose his mayor compositions/achievements
- for me these are from the late Fleetwood Mac period:

Man Of The World
Before The Beginning
Closing My Eyes
Oh Well (complete!)
The Green Manalishi

Played in that (chronological) order they almost leave me breathless!

zoork_1 09-24-2013 05:37 PM

Love That Burns

Closing My Eyes

Oh Well (acoustic part)

If You Be My Baby

Fleetwood Mac

Rubber Duck 09-26-2013 02:42 AM

For the earlier, more traditonal blues tracks:

Out Of Reach
A Fool No More
Black Magic Woman
Love That Burns
Trying So Hard To Forget

Probably different next week...or even later today!

Street_Dreamer 09-26-2013 01:23 PM

Before The Beginning
Oh Well
Man Of The World
Need Your Love So Bad
Closing My Eyes

Rubber Duck 09-27-2013 03:41 AM

Post-Fleetwood Mac:

Heavy Heart
Beasts Of Burden
Apostle (album version)
A Fool No More
Little Dreamer

Beasts Of Burden is something of a hidden classic! :thumbsup:
Dark and heavy - something that seems to be missing from all his later recordings...
It really needs to released on CD in pristine quality! (as do the other tracks from his two solo singles 1971-72)
Why weren´t they on the 4-CD Anthology...?

holidayroad 09-27-2013 08:00 AM

Closing My Eyes
Love That Burns
Man of the World
Black Magic Woman
Oh Well

Wouter Vuijk 09-27-2013 07:01 PM

It's funny how most of the respondents choose Oh Well part 2 over part 1 (including me). Whereas the mainstream (including the media) only go for the electric part (1).
As for me, I'm constantly struck by the emotional touch of part 2. Guess that counts for most true Greeny fans.
:thumbsup:

librax2 09-27-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 1105240)
Guess that counts for most true Greeny fans.
:thumbsup:

You got that right