The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rumours Live Album Sept 23 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59993)

Macfan4life 07-20-2023 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1286046)
It is in iTunes pre sale too. Available on sep. 8. Not very excited about it. Only if it's confirmed it's all unreleased material, maybe I'd consider it.

The best would be songs never heard live on any previous release.

Mick wrote on his twitter account that the Dreams on this package has never been released before.

Who does not believe Mick? He also wrote these songs were recorded on "opening night" at the Forum. I dont know what that means because the Mac started the Rumours tour much earlier that year and the Forum existed since the 1960s. Yet its opening night? Maybe he means first night in LA on the Rumours tour? Where is Stevie when you need her. We need her expertise on when this was recorded.

jbrownsjr 07-20-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1286050)
I think you’re in good shape with this, Villavic. Only three songs officially appeared on previous releases: Monday Morning, Gold Dust Woman, and World Turning. Monday Morning and World Turning were on Rumours Deluxe, and Gold Dust Woman was on Live Deluxe. (And I have my doubts about Monday Morning being from the Forum.)

That leaves fifteen songs that haven’t been released already. Pretty good number that ought to please anyone who wants to hear a special Rumours concert.

Thanks!! I was wondering how much was potential duplication. I'm a bit excited to have these nice and crisp. :) Thanks again for the expertise of bootlegs and such...

vivfox 07-20-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1286052)
The best Dreams version and quality I have heard from this tour. I will trash all my boots from this tour when I get this collection for sure.

NEVER trash your bootleg collection. You will live to regret that one day.

BLY 07-20-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1286055)
NEVER trash your bootleg collection. You will live to regret that one day.

Over the years I have only kept the “ better quality “ recordings. I only have 2 left from the Rumors tour….so I may hold on to them .Thanks. 😎

David 07-20-2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1286054)
Thanks!! I was wondering how much was potential duplication. I'm a bit excited to have these nice and crisp.

Monday Morning will be different, too. The one on the Rumours Deluxe always bothered me — it sounded much earlier than late August. On a lark, I just listened to a bunch of soundboards from May, and sure enough what we were given on the Rumours Deluxe is from Nashville May 21, not Los Angeles. If you want to check, listen to Nashville and pay extra attention to the guitar solo.

To summarize, only Gold Dust Woman and World Turning have been released already from LA, both of which sound legitimately late-August based on everybody’s audience tapes.

I’m all for these live releases (may the Lord grant Rhino the power to continue) but they’re labeled by idiots.

EDIT: By the way, You Make Loving Fun on the LIVE DELUXE is supposed to be from Tulsa (May 19). Is a May 19 tour stop in Tulsa documented anywhere? I see ticket stubs for March 19 in Tulsa. I know a bunch of Rumours shows were postponed because of Stevie losing her voice, so it’s reasonable to think they added Tulsa the day after Oklahoma City.

David 07-20-2023 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1286056)
Over the years I have only kept the “ better quality “ recordings. I only have 2 left from the Rumors tour….so I may hold on to them .Thanks. 😎

Bly, at the very least, you should be keeping the soundboards from Paris (April 14), Oklahoma City (May 18), Little Rock (May 20), Nashville (May 21, whence MONDAY MORNING on RUMOURS DELUXE springs), and of course those multiple nights of rehearsal (February 23, 25, 26).

We may yet see more of those released officially . . . we may not.

BLY 07-20-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1286060)
Bly, at the very least, you should be keeping the soundboards from Paris (April 14), Oklahoma City (May 18), Little Rock (May 20), Nashville (May 21, whence MONDAY MORNING on RUMOURS DELUXE springs), and of course those multiple nights of rehearsal (February 23, 25, 26).

We may yet see more of those released officially . . . we may not.

David, the only 2 full shows I have left is Nashville 5/21/77 and Orlando 5/29/77. Which I guess I will keep.

UnwindedDreams 07-20-2023 09:03 PM

At this point, I think Rhino will release a live album of the Behind The Mask Tour and never release an official recording of the 2018 Tour.

Murrow 07-20-2023 09:49 PM

My initial thought was "Mick's broke again" but then I looked again at the live disc on the Rumours deluxe edition and it's sooooo short. Here we have something more substantial as with the White and Tusk bonus discs (and to some extent the Mirage one).

BigAl84 07-21-2023 08:29 AM

It will be awesome to finally have an officially released COMPLETE show. I’m really hoping they follow this up with a complete Tusk tour show. They definitely have at least one in the archives.

jbrownsjr 07-21-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David;1286059

I’m all for these live releases (may the Lord grant Rhino the power to continue) but they’re labeled by idiots.

EDIT: By the way, [U
You Make Loving Fun[/U] on the LIVE DELUXE is supposed to be from Tulsa (May 19). Is a May 19 tour stop in Tulsa documented anywhere? I see ticket stubs for March 19 in Tulsa. I know a bunch of Rumours shows were postponed because of Stevie losing her voice, so it’s reasonable to think they added Tulsa the day after Oklahoma City.

It's has to be March. I can't see them getting this correct after the "Richfield 1980" Chain fiasco.

Villavic 07-21-2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1286053)
Mick wrote on his twitter account that the Dreams on this package has never been released before.

Who does not believe Mick? He also wrote these songs were recorded on "opening night" at the Forum. I dont know what that means because the Mac started the Rumours tour much earlier that year and the Forum existed since the 1960s. Yet its opening night? Maybe he means first night in LA on the Rumours tour? Where is Stevie when you need her. We need her expertise on when this was recorded.

I think it's the first night at the Forum, since I read in Wikipedia they played August 29, 30 and 31.

jbrownsjr 07-21-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1286093)
I think it's the first night at the Forum, since I read in Wikipedia they played August 29, 30 and 31.

So opening night meaning, August 29th. I believe ledgies before I'd believe even Christine. Plus, it's not their job to keep track of all that. It's the publishers.

WatchChain 07-21-2023 07:48 PM

As is the case with most artists, the record company owns the original master recordings and artists make very little residuals from the masters.

Do the members of Fleetwood Mac profit when Rhino Records repackages and re-releases live recordings. Do they own the live recordings, or are they also property of Warner Brothers Records along with the masters?

Straightback 07-22-2023 01:41 AM

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...-rumours-live/