The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The doc!!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13417)

kak125 03-14-2004 10:49 PM

I loved when they were listening to Say You Will on the couch and Stevie said something about it being commerical and then she was like "I am praying to the commercial gods". HA HA, that was too funny!

strandinthewind 03-14-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by diamondsnake
Oh, I love Silver Girl too, The only reason I mentioned it was because most people hate it. But really, you thought they liked it?
I was expecting them to cringe or something, but they just sort of sat there. Also, I think that part was havily edited. So, who knows if the parts they showed were the acutal reactions to the songs seen in the previous clips?

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:49 PM

Do you think we will ever see the really good footage? I am sure there were some tears shed and some really ugly fights going on. But obviously, they wouldn't want everybody seeing this. Maybe some of this stuff will be leaked some how?

gldstwmn 03-14-2004 10:49 PM

PLEASE DO EVERYBODY FINDS OUT LIVE!:)

dissention 03-14-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
I did. HYe seemed okay.

Also, I loved the recored exec sing along to SYW :laugh:

We must've watched a different show :laugh: My entire household fell over with laughter when he rolled his eyes. I thought that Mick dug it, but there's no accounting for taste. :laugh:

And I thought that record exec was a hoot :nod:

strandinthewind 03-14-2004 10:50 PM

I was like "light the campfire and we'll roast marshmellows while we sing along! " :laugh:

strandinthewind 03-14-2004 10:51 PM

Of course Mick dug it - he's dig SN reading the phone book if he thought he could sell it :cool:

dissention 03-14-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Do you think we will ever see the really good footage? I am sure there were some tears shed and some really ugly fights going on. But obviously, they wouldn't want everybody seeing this. Maybe some of this stuff will be leaked some how?
The Warren Zevon doc was released on DVD with LOTS of extra footage, so cross your fingers.

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
Also I noticed that they were practicing Illume (it was written on the setlist board).
Please tell me they will completely rework the setlist because I would die if they did Illume! I love that song!

GardenStateGirlie 03-14-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
My favorite part of the whole show was when they worked on "Goodbye Baby," just Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey was sitting in his chair, playing his guitar, and Stevie was sitting on the couch and singing. All I have to say was, boy, Stevie looked like the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen during that part; she was stunning. I watched it with my mother (I had to go over there because she has a DVD burner) and she turned to me and said "How old is she?!" I told her she'd be 56 in May and she almost **** bricks. :laugh: That was just an awesome part!!!!

AND- they were working on EFO for the stage!!!

The only thing I was disappointed with was that they didn't show any of the viciousness about the album tracks. :(

And Kristen? She came off as a major snob. :nod:

Agreed. Agreed. And Agreed. You? Are currently in my head. That scares me....don't liberal it all up :D <333

This totally exceeded my expectations. It was really amazing to see them in a way in which we never have before. Lindsey set out to humanize them all and I would say that in making this documentary, he's done just that. Not only do I have more of an appreciation for the craft of record making and for the music they have created that become the Say You Will album, but I love them now more than ever. I can't wait to see them again

dissention 03-14-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
Of course Mick dug it - he's dig SN reading the phone book if he thought he could sell it :cool:
:nod:

And were you repulsed when he took off his shirt? Ick.

gldstwmn 03-14-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Oh, I love Silver Girl too, The only reason I mentioned it was because most people hate it. But really, you thought they liked it?
If the band didn't like it, it would never have made it on the record.

diamondsnake 03-14-2004 10:54 PM

Does anyone agree that there is no question who the better singer is now? I thought Stevie sang great on everything (with no music backing her up) but I almost cringed at some of Lindsey's singing, especially his back up to SYW.

strandinthewind 03-14-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
:nod:

And were you repulsed when he took off his shirt? Ick.

I was like its four minutes into it and you are subjecting us to this AAAARRRGGHGHGHGG:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dissention 03-14-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Agreed. Agreed. And Agreed. You? Are currently in my head. That scares me....don't liberal it all up :D <333

This totally exceeded my expectations. It was really amazing to see them in a way in which we never have before. Lindsey set out to humanize them all and I would say that in making this documentary, he's done just that. Not only do I have more of an appreciation for the craft of record making and for the music they have created that become the Say You Will album, but I love them now more than ever. I can't wait to see them again

:laugh: :wavey:

I totally agree with you. The show was incredible.

Ah, I can't wait until tomorrow when we all bitch about when we're going to get something new to chew on. :laugh: