The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favorite Versions of Live Song (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60291)

BigAl84 03-22-2024 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1293006)
It was the best song from the Dance. The Dance is a mixed bag. I am surprised at those that like the neutered version of The Chain.

Does anyone believe the brass band sound is live or pre-recorded. I always thought it was real but over the years I think its pre-recorded and played into the music.
Not everything about the Dance is real and live which is why I dont care for most of it.

Years ago, one of the horn players that was on stage that night came here to post and share their experience. I don't recall a mention of their parts being prerecorded, but they also may have all signed a non-disclosure agreement.

They could have been live for the taping, but later completely replaced with the same part recorded in the studio and added back (overdubbed) into the live track that we hear on the CD/DVD.

Penguin Emeritus 03-22-2024 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293008)
I rarely listen to The Dance. The era was fun tho. I met Lis and Marty around 1995, so we were jumping with joy.

But yea, SS is fantastic.

lol you're so cute. it was such a thrill for us to chat w people at shows and even online. an entire world of mac fans that as a teen i never imagined existed haha

--Lis

Villavic 03-22-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1292991)
I agree the Mirage version of live Gypsy is the best. Its almost like they knew they could not sound like the album so made this country vibe version instead. Her voice was in peak form and could handle that bridge....NO PROBLEM.

I like that Mirage version, but don't feel her voice was in peak. When I listen her at the mid 70s tours, there I do love her voice! Landslide, Rhiannon...

Macfan4life 03-22-2024 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293024)
I like that Mirage version, but don't feel her voice was in peak. When I listen her at the mid 70s tours, there I do love her voice! Landslide, Rhiannon...

I love the HBO Mirage Gypsy performance. Everything about it is so special. I love that she is almost late to the microphone during a HBO recorded concert. I always thought she looks stoned in this performance with her sleepy eyes. But when someone throws a flower on stage she bends down to get it and she has the cutest and most adorable smile. Then she smiles again during the "maybe once, maybe twice." Its so cute. Mirage shows definitely had some vocal fry. But she tackled the song perfectly IMHO. So glad this magic was captured on video. Now where is the rest of this damn concert?

Macfan4life 03-22-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1293022)
Years ago, one of the horn players that was on stage that night came here to post and share their experience. I don't recall a mention of their parts being prerecorded, but they also may have all signed a non-disclosure agreement.

They could have been live for the taping, but later completely replaced with the same part recorded in the studio and added back (overdubbed) into the live track that we hear on the CD/DVD.

Good points. They were definitely playing their instruments but would they not have over powered the music or would the music have overpowered the marching band. So I am a bit suspicious.

HomerMcvie 03-22-2024 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293020)
Passaic, NJ? David O would know.

Of course he does. He owned Obie's Lighting.

dougl 03-22-2024 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1292982)
I’m with you on these!

Also:

You Make Loving Fun (Paris, 1977)

Here’s a link to that Paris show. Great audio!

https://youtu.be/bjx2HstYvw4?si=Rbegz5cfojiJdogM

aleuzzi 03-23-2024 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293020)
Passaic, NJ? David O would know.

It’s Largo, Md, I think. Or both shows could be “for screening only” copies.

HomerMcvie 03-23-2024 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1293041)
It’s Largo, Md, I think. Or both shows could be “for screening only” copies.

I think you're right. Now that I think about, it's written on the disc. I moved 18 months ago, and haven't seen it since(it's packed away still).

jbrownsjr 03-23-2024 04:16 PM

Ahhh Yes, it's Largo, MD. I have it somewhere on VHS.

HomerMcvie 03-23-2024 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1293048)
Ahhh Yes, it's Largo, MD. I have it somewhere on VHS.

Someone sent me a DVD of it, 10-15 years ago.