The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Chris's tour group 1984 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60301)

Macfan4life 04-03-2024 06:22 AM

Chris's tour group 1984

1 Attachment(s)
I suppose this is Chris's roadies and tour supporting personnel. I am sorry the photo is so small. Those piano keys were part of her tour on the stage. I see Eddy on the far left and is that Ferrone on the right? It looks like she has the same outfit on from American Bandstand.

Villavic 04-03-2024 07:03 AM

I found the picture in the Todd Sharp Q&A session. It mentions some names.

https://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/ind...164&Itemid=184

Macfan4life 04-03-2024 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293214)
I found the picture in the Todd Sharp Q&A session. It mentions some names.

https://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/ind...164&Itemid=184

You mean this was not in the book?

Villavic 04-03-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1293215)
You mean this was not in the book?

Mick's book? He barely mentions Chris album when he told how he felt in 1984. No details about her tour.

But as much as I love the Zoo, my main concern was the revivification of Fleetwood Mac. The problem was how to make it happen. Stevie had a booming career of her own now. Her second solo album, The Wild Heart, had sold in the millions, and now she was working on her third, Rock a Little. It would be hard to persuade her management that she should come back to us for a while. Lindsey was also working on his third solo project, and Christine was enjoying a huge solo hit with "Got a Hold on Me." John McVie seemed quite happy in semiretirement, sailing his boat and playing occasional gigs with John Mayall and Mick Taylor in a reformed Bluesbreakers.

I was the only member of the band desperate to see it back together.

The reformation process started somewhat inauspiciously, when the rest of the band visited Stevie Nicks backstage at a benefit she was playing with her own band at the Universal Amphitheater for a local environmental group caned Mulholland Tomorrow. It was the first Time Fleetwood Mac had all been together since the end of the Mirage tour, three years earlier, and the tension was so thick you could choke on it.

As it happened, it was really Christine McVie who reunited Fleetwood Mac. It started when she called John Courage out of his Hawaiian exile to help her make an album in Switzerland, and eventually to manage her career. Christine had been asked to record Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the soundtrack of the film A Fine Mess. She called in Richard Dashut to produce, who in turn said that Lindsey was a real Elvis fan and might like to get involved. Then John Courage called me and John McVie, and in August 1985 four-fifths of Fleetwood Mac found themselves in the studio, cutting this record. This was fun, and the seed that eventually grew into Tango in the Night.

jbrownsjr 04-10-2024 04:47 PM

Love this photo. I vaguely remember it.

HomerMcvie 04-10-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293221)
Mick's book? He barely mentions Chris album when he told how he felt in 1984. No details about her tour.

But as much as I love the Zoo, my main concern was the revivification of Fleetwood Mac. The problem was how to make it happen. Stevie had a booming career of her own now. Her second solo album, The Wild Heart, had sold in the millions, and now she was working on her third, Rock a Little. It would be hard to persuade her management that she should come back to us for a while. Lindsey was also working on his third solo project, and Christine was enjoying a huge solo hit with "Got a Hold on Me." John McVie seemed quite happy in semiretirement, sailing his boat and playing occasional gigs with John Mayall and Mick Taylor in a reformed Bluesbreakers.

The reformation process started somewhat inauspiciously, when the rest of the band visited Stevie Nicks backstage at a benefit she was playing with her own band at the Universal Amphitheater for a local environmental group caned Mulholland Tomorrow. It was the first Time Fleetwood Mac had all been together since the end of the Mirage tour, three years earlier, and the tension was so thick you could choke on it.

As it happened, it was really Christine McVie who reunited Fleetwood Mac. It started when she called John Courage out of his Hawaiian exile to help her make an album in Switzerland, and eventually to manage her career. Christine had been asked to record Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the soundtrack of the film A Fine Mess. She called in Richard Dashut to produce, who in turn said that Lindsey was a real Elvis fan and might like to get involved. Then John Courage called me and John McVie, and in August 1985 four-fifths of Fleetwood Mac found themselves in the studio, cutting this record. This was fun, and the seed that eventually grew into Tango in the Night.

Do they make lube for books?

Axing for a friend....

:lol::lol::lol:

jbrownsjr 04-11-2024 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1293333)

Axing for a friend....

"friend" :angel:

Villavic 04-11-2024 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1293333)

Axing for a friend....

I know different kind of lubes. I don't think they are for books.

Macfan4life 04-11-2024 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293221)

Bless your heart.
I was being sarcastic. But it's touching you went to the book literally.
I am harmless and not mean contrary to what some say. I'm very sarcastic that few get around here. I am also a comedic genius in my own mind.

HomerMcvie 04-11-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293346)
I know different kind of lubes. I don't think they are for books.

Well, we'll have to experiment, then.

Now, rellllaaaxxxxxxxxx.......:D

jbrownsjr 04-11-2024 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homermcvie (Post 1293356)
well, we'll have to experiment, then.

Now, rellllaaaxxxxxxxxx.......:d

"sleepin" round the corrrrrrrrrrrrrnerrrrrrr

ahhhh ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Villavic 04-11-2024 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1293356)
Well, we'll have to experiment, then.

I already have. ;)

HomerMcvie 04-11-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293360)
I already have. ;)

Once you go crack, you never go back.;)

Villavic 04-11-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1293368)
Once you go crack, you never go back.;)

Oh that's for sure!!!

HomerMcvie 04-11-2024 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1293375)
Oh that's for sure!!!

Truest words ever written.