The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Marijuana (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37093)

The Chain 08-24-2008 06:46 PM

Fleetwood Marijuana

I know they've all done their share of reminiscing on how the cocaine use got out of hand and destructive, to both themselves and the band, but have any mac members spoken outwardly on how they feel about cannabis, past or present, and weather or not they still smoke? The curiosity stems from having watched Destiny Rules for the first time in years and mistaking John's ciggarette for a joint in the scene where Stevie arrives. It got me thinking. Do any of them still enjoy getting stoned, and if so, are they open about it?

CADreaming 08-24-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 769562)
I know they've all done their share of reminiscing on how the cocaine use got out of hand and destructive, to both themselves and the band, but have any mac members spoken outwardly on how they feel about cannabis, past or present, and weather or not they still smoke? The curiosity stems from having watched Destiny Rules for the first time in years and mistaking John's ciggarette for a joint in the scene where Stevie arrives. It got me thinking. Do any of them still enjoy getting stoned, and if so, are they open about it?

:lol: Sorry, that was a funny pun...

Yes, you can clearly see Lindsey light a pipe in the scene where they are in the studio with Mark Needham...it moves fast so you have to slow mo it but it's there.

Lindsey has spoken about marijuana use fairly recently and I'm pretty sure he and Stevie are still big tokers...have no idea about Mick and John...

The Chain 08-24-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 769569)
:lol: Sorry, that was a funny pun...

Yes, you can clearly see Lindsey light a pipe in the scene where they are in the studio with Mark Needham...it moves fast so you have to slow mo it but it's there.

Lindsey has spoken about marijuana use fairly recently and I'm pretty sure he and Stevie are still big tokers...have no idea about Mick and John...

:D
I'll have to go watch that scene again! Lindsey is who I was most curious about. Do you know which recent interview(s) he discusses it in?

I'm sure Stevie probably smokes as well, I just don't think she would be that open about it.

vivfox 08-24-2008 11:04 PM

If stevie and Lindsey were rapping instead of singing then they'd probably write songs about weed and brag about their drug use like most rappers do. Imagine the next FM album cover as one giant marijuana leaf? The inside cover might show us pictures of the various bongs people gave them as gifts.

sywlindseyfan 08-24-2008 11:56 PM

wait a gosh darn minute here which scene in DR does linds light up...I have the DVD please elaborate...thank you!

chiliD 08-25-2008 10:28 AM

And, in the Mirage video, that's NOT a tobacco cigarette that Lindsey lights up in the middle of "Not That Funny".

John comes over to get a second hand high.

According to things said by Mick in his book and Bob Welch on a few occasions, the "herb" was VERY prominent in the Fleetwood Mac lore from very early on.

JEEZ, what's the big deal about pot & musicians? They go hand in hand, and always have...such a "NON-Issue".

TrueFaith77 08-25-2008 10:47 AM

This is interesting given Lindsey's epilepsy:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/465891

michelej1 08-25-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 769569)

I know he said he still did in 1997. That's about the latest I can trace a comment.

Michele

dnightshade 08-25-2008 02:20 PM

Ha ~ this is a cute thread. These are children of the Age of Aquarius. I'm sure a puff here and there is none too surprising.

Betsy 08-25-2008 03:53 PM

The Chain - you might want to look at this thread:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=35691

There's an excerpt from a book (Musicians in Tune) written by Jenny Boyd, Mick's first wife. She interviewed Lindsey. It was in a chapter about chemicals and creativity.

vivfox 08-25-2008 04:38 PM

You all might find this interesting...

jbrownsjr 08-25-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 769633)

i believe it... i dont want to... but i believe it:shrug:

CADreaming 08-25-2008 06:24 PM

ROFLOL!!! Cannibus card!! "Frequent Flyer Miles" ... gotta love cops with a sense of humor...

chiliD 08-25-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 769633)

"Interesting"...not really. "Funnier than hell", definitely! :laugh:

CADreaming 08-25-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 769581)
wait a gosh darn minute here which scene in DR does linds light up...I have the DVD please elaborate...thank you!

They are mixing with Mark Needham. The video is sped up, so you have to play it in slo mo to see what's going on. Stevie is eating out of a tupperware dish, Lindsey is sitting with her at the desk/table and they pass a legal pad back and forth and laugh, Lindsey goes to lay on the couch, Stevie leans over to get her dog and she sort of puts the dog in his face, then she leaves, Lindsey comes over to the table with Mick and John and he reaches back behind him, grabs a pipe and lights up a couple of times. I think "Miranda" is playing in the background...