The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Be a goof like me, help Lindsey! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37394)

iamnotafraid 09-18-2008 01:37 AM

Be a goof like me, help Lindsey!

Went to pick up some take out tonight (Olive Garden...mmm..good..) and decided I needed another copy of Gift Of Screws. So I go to Best Buy to pick one up. They had a few copies in stock at $14.99, so I grabbed one for myself and then thought, Lindsey doesn't deserve to be in the back behind all the other "B's"........so I did a little product placement of my own. I pulled his CD's and divider to the front. Now people can see Mr. B displayed properly, and maybe just maybe sell a few more copies before the Best Buy empolyee puts it back in alphabetical order. (I did leave him in the B's).

Not counting promo or boots of the CD I'll have
4 if the Vinyl version sees the light of day.

How many are you Ledgies buying?

With no thanks to WBR, our guitar hero is doing pretty good
according to Amazon and Tower. Can't wait to see Billboard (I think).

Lori40 09-18-2008 03:10 AM

Whenever I'm in a store and see a Lindsey or FM disc, I always move it to the front. I've bought 2 cds so far, and I'm waiting for the vinyl too.

TrueFaith77 09-18-2008 05:36 AM

I've bought plenty for other people, but only two for myself. i had ordered 5 of the auotographed copies. grr.

LB Freakazoid 09-18-2008 08:27 AM

I've already bought two and also moved the cd's to the new releases section where they should have been in the first place (it's was at Best Buy)
And I was wondering, are the CD's given with the tickets going to count toward his record sales numbers or is it just written off for promo? If they do, that's a great way to boost the numbers!!:nod:

sywlindseyfan 09-18-2008 09:18 AM

i went to check the CD out at Barnes and Noble yesterday too, and the lady said they were all sold out of Lindsey Buckinghams cd!!!! So undoubtedly they never recieved them, or someone else had already asked, since she knew exactly the CD and our Lindsey, and what i was talking about.

Lee 09-18-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan (Post 774555)
i went to check the CD out at Barnes and Noble yesterday too, and the lady said they were all sold out of Lindsey Buckinghams cd!!!! So undoubtedly they never recieved them, or someone else had already asked, since she knew exactly the CD and our Lindsey, and what i was talking about.

It looks like B&N online is selling it for $13.29 & they say that it usually ships out in 24 hours. I may order mine this way & order something else so I can get free shipping. I've order through B&N online quite a lot & have never had any trouble with them. They are pretty fast, too. :nod: Or I may go the iTunes route. Haven't decided yet.

Lee :)

snicksfan85 09-18-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 774547)
I've already bought two and also moved the cd's to the new releases section where they should have been in the first place (it's was at Best Buy)
And I was wondering, are the CD's given with the tickets going to count toward his record sales numbers or is it just written off for promo? If they do, that's a great way to boost the numbers!!:nod:

Nope, they don't. Prince kind of killed that one.

"But other acts looking to gain higher chart placements by bundling CDs with concert tickets are out of luck. Both SoundScan and Billboard are revising their policy after seeing Prince move more than 632,000 copies in five weeks, thanks to his sold-out tour.

Billboard's new policy requires that ticket-buyers be given a choice as to whether they want a CD served up with their concert, and that the cost of that CD be comparable to regular retail prices. If consumers choose the CD, it will count as a sale."

bucklind17 09-18-2008 06:33 PM

That sucks. That will actually hurt sales, since anyone who is a casual fan that bought concert tickets won't actually be purchasing an album. At least it gets the music out there.

Angel69 09-18-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 774502)
Lindsey doesn't deserve to be in the back behind all the other "B's"........so I did a little product placement of my own. I pulled his CD's and divider to the front.

I do this everytime I am in a record store. Same goes for Stevie, Fleetwood Mac, and anything related.

Betsy 09-19-2008 11:12 PM

Have any of you - called a radio station and requested them to play the new single? I wonder if stations have it for request.

I have heard it on 99.5 the Mountain here in Denver, but it's at weird times like 7:15 a.m. (And maybe that's not so weird...there's listening commuters.)

vivfox 09-19-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsy (Post 774967)
Have any of you - called a radio station and requested them to play the new single? I wonder if stations have it for request.I have heard it on 99.5 the Mountain here in Denver.

I have yet to hear it on the radio.

hlforan 09-21-2008 02:16 AM

5 for my family, I got two from the concert
I probably shouldn't say this, but, the only cd's, or make a point to are Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, (her recent one I love) and my cuz's band, the rest come from other avenues. I totally believe in supporting, well the bands I love-