The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Julie McVie passed away (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60343)

Villavic 05-01-2024 03:11 PM

Julie McVie passed away

Looking for any John info at the web, I found this recent article. I think she is John's wife cause somebody sends sympathies to John and Molly. Can't be a coincidence, unless that Patty Brucker is just a fan and is wrong about the identity of this Julie person.

If it's correct, it's so sad John looses 2 important people in a relative short time.

Julie Anne McVie, age 72, of Los Angeles, California passed away on Thursday, April 25, 2024.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/es-e...mcvie-11789620

bombaysaffires 05-01-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1294091)
Looking for any John info at the web, I found this recent article. I think she is John's wife cause somebody sends sympathies to John and Molly. Can't be a coincidence, unless that Patty Brucker is just a fan and is wrong about the identity of this Julie person.

So sad John looses 2 important people in a relative short time.

Julie Anne McVie, age 72, of Los Angeles, California passed away on Thursday, April 25, 2024.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/es-e...mcvie-11789620

Wow, what sad news.

The Patty person sounds like she had some sort of business interactions with Julie; she mentions the name of some business and how nice Julie was to interact with.:shrug:

Villavic 05-01-2024 03:38 PM

No member (Lindsey, Mick, Stevie) has posted anything about it in their networks, but since John is so discreet, silence can be at his request.

SteveMacD 05-01-2024 04:05 PM

Her middle name is/was Ann.

sleepless child 05-01-2024 04:19 PM

This is horrible news if this is John's wife Julie. Poor John

Penguin Emeritus 05-01-2024 04:25 PM

ugh. so very sad to lose two people so dear to you in 18 months. very sad for molly as well. my heart hurts for him. :(

they just had their 45th anniversary in april, too.

--Lis

FuzzyPlum 05-01-2024 04:30 PM

Aww. Bad news. Sorry to hear this Johnny-boy. Thoughts are with you and Molly, mate.

Villavic 05-01-2024 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1294096)
No member (Lindsey, Mick, Stevie) has posted anything about it in their networks, but since John is so discreet, silence can be at his request.

Coincidentally, Mick just posted today about a guitarist passing, Duane Eddy. So he is active in his networks.

SteveMacD 05-01-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1294104)
Coincidentally, Mick just posted today about a guitarist passing, Duane Eddy. So he is active in his networks.

Duane Eddy was a friend of Mick’s, IIRC. He was married to singer Mirriam Johnson. She ended up joining his band and changed her name to Mirriam Eddy. After they divorced, she moved to Nashville and changed her name again, this time to Jessi Colter and went on to marry Waylon Jennings.

jbrownsjr 05-01-2024 05:12 PM

Very sad news. My heart goes out to John.

SteveMacD 05-01-2024 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1294094)
Wow, what sad news.

The Patty person sounds like she had some sort of business interactions with Julie; she mentions the name of some business and how nice Julie was to interact with.:shrug:

After a little Googling and looking through the 2019 Oceana tour book, Boulevard Management was listed as Business Management for the tour, and Patty Bruckner is listed as Executive Assistant, Boulevard Management, on LinkedIn.

UnwindedDreams 05-02-2024 05:49 AM

God bless John and Molly. That is tragic news. Such a young life. Rest in peace Julie.

sleepless child 05-02-2024 11:10 AM

I wonder why Mick hasn't said anything? I did a little digging also and saw that Patty was an Executive assistant. There isn't an obituary either. It's just posted on the funeral homes website

bombaysaffires 05-02-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1294125)
I wonder why Mick hasn't said anything? I did a little digging also and saw that Patty was an Executive assistant. There isn't an obituary either. It's just posted on the funeral homes website

I'd like to hope that it's because he's being supportive of his best mate:(

Is Stevie still on the road? Wonder if she'll say anything (e.g., dedicate Landslide to her or something)

On the other hand, John being John he may not want a lot of press attention to this info and prefers no one comment publicly which would draw attention to him and his daughter...

Penguin Emeritus 05-02-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1294126)
I'd like to hope that it's because he's being supportive of his best mate:(

Is Stevie still on the road? Wonder if she'll say anything (e.g., dedicate Landslide to her or something)

On the other hand, John being John he may not want a lot of press attention to this info and prefers no one comment publicly which would draw attention to him and his daughter...

I have heard the goal is to keep things private. unsurprising since we're talking about john. It was very sudden. 72 is fairly young.

I also hope mick is being a shoulder for john at this time.

--Lis