View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I think "Hypnotized" is Bob's magna opus, I have a stronger connection with "Bermuda Triangle". Both due to the lyrical content and the instrumentation.
And, that it was during that era (1974) that I finally got to see Fleetwood Mac in concert for the first time...a very significant event for me!

Back in '78 I was taking a Record Production class and I chose my course project (the equivalent of a "term paper") to record a cover of "Bermuda Triangle". Based my version on a mix of the Heroes Are Hard To Find version & the live arrangement from the Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? bootleg. I loved the piano intro that Christine played, but also had Mick's congas & the ARP String Ensemble from the studio version deeply ingrained in my head. I was extremely happy with the outcome...but, my big mistake was never keeping a copy for myself. When I went back a few days after "the final" to see if I could get some studio time to do another mix, I found out that all the master tapes had been bulk erased in the meantime. So, that version is lost to the ravages of time...only recollections in my grey matter exist.

In various bands, I've done "Angel", "Bermuda Triangle", & "Safe Harbour" (the latter mainly as just a warm up jam, in hopes that the band would like it enough to keep in the repertoire, but alas, no)

Up until the invention of CDs, I'd completely worn out 3 copies of HAHTF.