View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Firelies, Farmer's Daughter, and Oh Well made the album special - it gave us something new. LIVE was somewhat unconventional because it wasn't a straight shot live show, but tracks from different shows.

Oh Well aside, Firelies, One More Night and Farmer's Daughter have ever been in the set list up to that time. Dreams and Don't Stop were rehearsals, and a few of the tracks are from the Rumours era.

I assume that they have the rest of the live recordings from the Tusk tour in the can. It would be great if they if they released an expanded version of LIVE with all the outtakes. One issue of concern is congruity; many of the tracks on the album were sweetened up in the studio. I wonder if the outtakes got the same treatment, or were they left in their original form.

I'd love a live collection that features all the prior Mac/related songs they initially performed early on when Lindsey and Stevie first joined.

Get Like You Used to Be
Station Man
Green Manalishi
Sunny Side of Heaven
Believe Me
Why

Frozen Love and Jumping at Shadows were only one-time performances. I doubt they were ever professionally recorded.
I'm surprised they never performed Black Magic Woman -- perhaps because it was a huge hit for Santana around that time.
"Black Magic Woman" was a top 5 hit for Santana back in 1970 and FM performed it during the Bob Welch era so it's probably more of LB not wanting to play "other peoples songs" than anything else...