Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
New rules: Any Oh Daddy bashing gets 4-6 week ban. The music alone is so Fleetwood mac that you don't need vocals to know who it is playing. How can you be a fan of this band and not appreciate this music track?
The interesting thing about Oh Daddy for me is how it takes on many different forms depending on what performance I am listening to. In 1978 when I was playing the Rumours album on a daily basis it was a track I would skip over every time. It simply bored me. Then throughout my bootleg album faze in the late 70's and early 80's it was a run to the bathroom song. Because it was always performed right after Rhiannon it made it harder for me to get into because I had the powerhouse Rhiannon followed by the 'let me slow you down' Oh Daddy, when I wanted to continue rocking out. But then in the 1990's when my bootleg collection really expanded I took the time to really get to know this and greatly appreciated Christine's vocals in the live setting. The Tusk tour versions are my fave. 1980 was the peak performance of this song as far as I am concerned.