Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was sealing my driveway this morning and was playing Siriusxm Yacht Rock on my computer through the bedroom window. Heard YMLF and then the next hour Love In Store. While I was working, I began thinking again how I wish the Mac would have done Love in store as and encore on the On With The Show tour. Its up tempo and features all singers. Then I thought about Christine writing it with Jim Recor who was married to Sara (Stevie's best friend and soon to be Sara Fleetwood). When the Mac toured with Loggins and Messina in 1975 there were several friendships that carried on and had an impact on music. Stevie met Kenny and then recorded Whenever I call you friend. Jim Recor was I believe the road manager for Loggins and Messina and Jim wrote Love In Store with Chris. Stevie got a best friend Sara who eventually married Mick and then became one of her background singers. To say the least, the Mac really got along with the Loggins and Messina crowd