View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Christine said in an interview with I think The Guardian in 2013 or 2014 that she quit doing cocaine in 1984 when she was making her solo album. She was clearly still drinking heavily, but I wonder if she quit doing cocaine like cold turkey. I wonder if her band members and studio crew were doing cocaine. Did she not partake at all or did she still do it, but did it it less than she did when she was with Fleetwood Mac. I have the same question about the Tango era. Lindsey set up a trailer in his front yard for Mick to partake in his vices during the recording of Tango. I wonder how much time Christine spent in that trailer.
Whatever drinking or drugs she did or didn’t do during TANGO doesn’t eclipse the great contributions she made to the record. As she often said, she was always at the boards with Lindsey and Richard, so Lindsey’s oft-told complaint that the band were in bad shape does not account for Christine. She had just finished a solo record and tour, and a soundtrack project when they started the record. She was NOT out of shape or rusty. She was primed. And contributed a lot.