View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I concur that some people improve with age, that their perspectives are enriched by experience and self stock-taking, though only those willing to grow will grow.

Regarding Stevie, I’m assuming she grew up with a good deal privilege, though her tireless work ethic, which admittedly persists today as self-promotion and touring, had to have been instilled in her from a very young age. Her parents wouldn’t financially support her when she dropped out of school to pursue music. But she persisted. She could have crumbled but did not. So, while I consider her a spoiled, delusional, and self-centered woman whose lost perspective, there was a set of core values around hard work that she never abandoned. If she wants something, she angles for it—and not always in above-board ways. But she still angles, plays the game, works to stay on top.
And THAT’S why she became the power broker in Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey did 88 tour dates in 21 years. Aside from the nine months for The Dance and the Inauguration and Super Bowl, Christine was largely out of the public eye for 23 years.

THE Stephen Hopkins