View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is interesting.
This is the mini Kilroy Was Here Film that preceded their 1983 concerts. Then it shows their "performance" in their opening act.
I think the concept was far ahead of its time. There is so much censorship today. This was right before Tipper Gore's PMRC label stuff too. While I applaud the concept, I can see where fans were turned off. They are there for music and this stuff went right over their head. I can see why Tommy had to drink himself blind before acting out his role on stage. But I think its really cool from today's standards. There is a huge statement here. Styx could pack arenas yet look how they are performing in a theater for these shows. I think that is so cool. Their manager should have had them pull the plug on this during the Monsters of Rock show. No way metal and hard rock fans were into this stuff. I think Tommy said something like he saw tons of people running for the exits at the stadium and he had to catch and put on this robot mask over his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fmy_bAZ_U

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-13-2023 at 04:19 PM..