View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved Big Love when it first came out, but now it’s horribly dated. Stevie’s hair, the cheesy effects like Lindsey floating through the Twilight Zone, and the ending with those silly grunts. The record company must have spent thousands of dollars alone just on that nighttime beach scene, which got maybe 5 seconds of airtime!

Gypsy, with the production values of a movie, is probably their best video. The fashions, the details, all those extras dancing in the rain, that painting at the end. It’s stunning.

I like Save Me and As Long As You Follow, mostly because of Christine and Rick, who kept my interest. Christine looked more beautiful during this period than she did in 1982 or 1984! Skies the Limit and Seven Wonders are decent performance videos, with Stevie’s outfits probably being the most memorable things about them. Lindsey looks incredibly happy during SW. Love Shines is boring- not musically but visually. Without Stevie or Lindsey to make it interesting, there’s nothing to keep our eye. All the band does is pretend to perform the song while constantly hugging each other… probably because they didn’t know what else to do.

I don’t even rank Everywhere, Paper Doll, or In the Back of My Mind.

Tusk is ok. The most interesting thing about it is the cardboard cut out of John, who refused to show up because he was mad at Lindsey. I wonder whose idea it was to get the cut out? Maybe they thought we wouldn’t notice LOL.

Little Lies is my favorite FM video. They all look fantastic, the different combinations of band members is cool (Christine and Lindsey, John and Stevie), and the illustrations coming to life are well done.

Trouble is my favorite solo video. Visually unique. Stand Back is enjoyable, mostly because I marvel at how Stevie was able to walk on a treadmill backwards while wearing platform heels and a dress that could easily have gotten stuck in the machinery! Love Will Show Us How is entertaining, but it’s too long and Christine was clearly not an actress. Talk to Me has an interesting premise, unlike most of her other videos and she looks really good in it.

Last edited by bwboy; 10-16-2023 at 01:09 PM..