View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The thing I don't like about the Tango album cover is that it does not represent the band in any form. It was not created for the band nor did the band have any input. It was a painting hanging in Lindsey's house that he enjoyed. They got the painter's permission and it became their album cover. Zero thought, zero influence. Granted the band probably did not want to appear since some were not well. But something creative should have been done. Having said that, I feel Lindsey's pain in trying to finish the album. He was pulling out his hair what he was going through. I can see him say, oh yeah we need an album cover. Gee whiz we could barely get through the recording of the album. No way we could agree on something or have time to be creative. Lets get this project over with. Oh.....look over there on the wall. I always liked that painting. Its our album cover. Problem solved!
Clearly its no Mystery To Me.

But its probably very fitting for the album. Tango is considered a Lindsey solo album so why should he not have his favorite painting as the cover. I would have voted for Piggy in the middle, piggy in the driveway buying stimulating substances.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-19-2023 at 11:43 AM..