View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This was in my recommended videos a few days ago. Its a 9 year old clip which is weird how they suddenly pop up to the recommended side. I loved this for several reasons. Mostly for Mick and Lindsey giving such a young and inexperienced reporter a chance in a small town. Lindsey states there are 9 new songs in the set. And sure enough I am pretty sure all new 9 songs stayed in the set. I have often wondered why Fleetwood Mac always started their tours in the most rural places. Many bands start in Houston or a large city. Fleetwood Mac always started in Ames, Iowa or Idaho for Tusk. Does anyone know why? I can guess that they don't want to play for a mass market until they tweak their set? Most bands would not even play Idaho because its so rural. Was the Tusk tour the only time they played there?
Bands will open a tour in a small market for a few different reasons. If something goes wrong or a bad review is written, it will fall off the radar much quicker compared to LA , NY etc. It also takes the pressure off the band a little bit. They're big fish in a small pond, the crowd should be easy to wow etc.

Fast forward a bit...in 2003/2013 they opened their tour in Columbus OH. That was probably a good location for how they were routing the tour and the cities they were hubbing out of. They also did several days of dress/tech rehearsal before the show. There were probably only so many arenas that had an extended time period available for the band.