View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
Say You Will is still somewhat cohesive despite it sounding like two solo records mashed together. That could be attributed to the production, where Buckingham has his fingerprint all over the record. Going into the album several years ago and with minimal background information about its development, I expected Say You Will to be a return to the Buckingham Nicks era with a greater sense of collaboration between the two artists. That never happened, as Buckingham already solo album over 90% complete for several years and was anxious to release at least some of those songs in any form. As such, the collaboration between the two simply amounted to Buckingham tacking some of Nicks' backing vocals on a few songs and calling it a day.

In terms of the songs, there is no shortage of great material. "Murrow Turning Over In His Grave" was among my most listened to songs this year and ranks amongst Buckingham's best work in my opinion. The album's most adventurous songs are arguably my favorite ("Murrow", "Red Rover", "Come", "Everybody Finds Out", although I find "Illume" to be rather aimless. Even some of the more conventional songs like "Miranda", "Running Through the Garden", "Steal Your Heart Away", and "Bleed to Love Her" have a lot to offer.
Everybody Finds Out is the Mac's most explosive song IMHO. Much more than the Chain or GYOW or even Isn't It Midnight. I wish they would have made more songs like that. The Mac is known for their rhythm section but sometimes they venture out to do something like Everybody Finds Out. The song has many layers. Mick, John, and Lindsey are on fire. It's an incredible piece of music.
It should have been the single from the album.