View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More specific info- Songbird: An Intimate Biography of Christine McVie by Lesley Ann Jones will be released on November 19, 2024. Told by an author who herself was friends with Christine, and with new contributions from those who knew her best, Songbird offers a true insider’s view, etc etc.

I agree, fans won’t be too surprised by anything here, but hopefully there will be some fun anecdotes about Christine we haven’t heard before, not to mention praises by her peers and newer stars who grew up listening to her music.

I know it will never happen, but a newly rereleased dvd/blu-ray of her 1984 concert and MTV Special would be a wonderful tie in with the release of this book. Of course, that should have been included on the rerelease of her two solo albums last year, but it’s wishful thinking, I know.

One thing I really would like to learn more about is how the sessions went when FM recorded Love Shines and Heart of Stone. Did Christine enjoy working with producer Patrick Leonard? Did he produce any other songs that might be in a vault somewhere? Did she enjoy working as a foursome in FM, even for that brief period? I suspect there will be very little, if anything, written about that brief time, though.