View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Cool version. It's a bit similar to the early version included in the Deluxe White Album edition, but Stevie does not sings on it, and there's no honking sound.

Yes I've read many people don't like this song, but I find it very cool. I'm not a Blues expert so I was surprised Mick called it a blues song.

John and Chris had, in the meantime, moved out to the beach, a three-room apartment in Malibu, where Christine set about writing her songs for the next Fleetwood Mac album. She wrote "Over My Head" and "Say You Love Me" there, on an old portable Hohner electric piano, overlooking the Pacific Ocean blue. She had two other strong tunes as well, the lover's lullaby "Warm Ways" and a blues called "Sugar Daddy." I first heard these when I went over to their place the day that Stevie and Lindsey brought their demo tapes over for a listen. It was clear to us that their songs were tremendous, and had already been completely worked out.

I like to listen the instrumental version from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpUg2-w1e_Q
I've still got that book lube handy.....