View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Just putting two and two together, Nancy. It may have had something to do with the gleeful, expectant look she gave the label guy after playing the Say You Will demo and saying, "It's commercial, right?"

It's not contrived at all.
geeze do you ever give stevie any credit or is it all and everything is lindsey in your book.... im not doubting lindseys knowledge, but is she just suppose to have no input and go with whatever lindsey says?but why should nt she have some say? wasnt it lindsey who thought stevie was going to end up with chris, but no she met with both and went with mark. and whats wrong with being an songwriter and wanting your song to be a commercial success? when i say commerecial success, in my book, i mean to hear it on the radio alot. I mean you write music, we hear music on the radio, its what they do. i think its totally ok for a songwriter to want that. maybe thats why her solo stuff was more successful. but that doesnt mean a commerecial song is any less of value than a non commercial song and vice versa, but a commercial song now and again will at least lead people to buy a cd, otherwise the general public, (not the die hard fans) wont even know a new cd exists. if your were a screen writer and wrote a movie wouldnt you want people to be sitting in the theatre , rather than waiting til it shows up on video, or the bargain bin?