View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Hmmm, I still can't see Zeppelin as a dark sound. Not exactly fluffy, but I still don't see it as 'dark'. Unless you're referring to Stairway which seems to be what many think of them as. They were mystical, an element of Zeppelin I try to ignore, it's basically the riffs, oh and the bass, and the drums....well everything but Plant actually. Other than the mystical element he really only sung about sex in all forms and occasionally love and rock'n'roll music. He also sung about these topics on a very basic level. As I go through the Zeppelin songs that I listen to (on repeat day after day) I can't find many deep, dark, depressing songs. In fact now I can't find anything 'dark' about them at all. They were heavier I suppose, although they were still mostly acoustic so even that doesn't hold up. Now I'm confused entirely. Ah, it's Jimmy's Alister Crowley thing perhaps. The symbols and clothes, although nowdays it just makes them look like a bunch of Spinal Tap rip-offs. Now I'm actually curious.
actually, I think of Stairway as their "pretty" song (I don't know all their songs, mostly the ones on the radio). yes, they are mystical, I like that. When I say "hard", i'm specifically referring to the guitar sound, or the band sound...maybe the vocals, but...not really...
I like the singing about sex and rock and roll, I can stand behind that. I guess I find even their acoustic sound "hard". It's just not as "pretty" as I super-love. It's hard to explain it, because it's kind of visceral, but it's mainly the sound of the band, the guitar, the music - it has nothing to do with the image or anything else, as i didn't know their image, ever, before i heard them. And i really did grow up hearing them (mostly the radio songs) as i was born in '74. Ok, to make a comparison, I really liked Simon and Garfunkel all the time i was growing up. See how pretty they are, comparitively? sorry, that's the best i can explain it at this very moment, when i should be doing homework, yet somehow ambition and furthering the point of my life is less interesting than randomly talking about Led. ahh, you know how it is...plus, Jimmy Carter is on Letterman...it's "Amber's squirrel mind" at it's worse...
ok, talk to you tomorrow, or whenever...
Amber "I love Jimmy Carter because he couldn't play politics" G.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -