View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
After forty years in the business, if those two really think they're "vital" simply by touring and rehashing the same old crap, they're delusional and it makes me wonder how such idiots became so successful.
I do think it makes them feel more vital than sitting in a recording studio for 18-24 months does.

Quote:
I'm ready for Chris' return right now. Nicks and Buckingham have nothing to offer us as a duo at this point and it would make for a dull listen, in my opinion. I'd like to hear some new Fleetwood Mac harmonies before I die, not years-old Lindsey Buckingham tunes with a newly cut Stevie background vocal slapped onto it's ass at the last minute or Stevie Nicks tunes with obnoxious "VSO Lindsey" crooning in the background.
Well, I did say "from the ground up."

But, either way, I still disagree with the idea that Stevie & Lindsey have nothing left to offer as a duo. You might be bored by all of the "are they/aren't they" stuff, and I'm not into any of that either, but I do think those two make magic together... even when it's not exactly "organic."
The love/hate relationship between them creates an exquisite tension in the music they create together.

Quote:
I sure as **** didn't think I missed Christine back when Say You Will came out or when I saw them live, but in retrospect, I miss her like I'd miss my penis if it suddenly vanished into thin air.
Hmm... that's one way to keep you from procreating!

I miss Christine and yet I don't miss Christine.
I feel there are collaborative areas that Stevie & Lindsey still haven't tapped, and I'd like to see those explored before Christine re-enters the picture and that aspect becomes distilled by a third once again.