Thread: Greeny Pvk era
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Hello from sunny Italy!

1- I agree with Chili that it's time to stop all those "anthologies", at least I think they are good only for complestits/collectors...

2-It's true that all those records were already released by Castle in Europe and Rhino in Usa, but they have both poor sound quality and poor sleeve notes.

These new reissues have been remastered and have sleeve notes written by Martin Celmins, so maybe we will know something new about Peter's era with PVK.

3-Yes, of course, both Kolors and (part) of Legend were made with outtakes from the Pvk albums, but it's fairly difficult to understand from which session every single track comes from.
I'm pretty sure that "Bandit", "Woman Don't", "Watcha Gonna Do" and "Black Woman" are from the "Little Dreamer" sessions, but don't have a clue about many other numbers......

4-From an old NME article (June 1979) we know that six more tracks were recorded during the "In The Skies" sessions. So where they are?

Least, but not the least, I want to spent some words about the track "Slabo Day" from Snowy White's "Glod Top". Now the sleeve notes stated that Snowy played lead guitar (as he actualy did on the album version), with a still "unsure" Peter playing rhythm guitar, but quoting Martin's own words.."Slabo Day's guitar playing sounds as Greeny's, 95% quite plain, 5% absoluty brilliant".....

Hope you find this at least interesting.

Mario.