Thread: Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
But Steven, these opinions aren't allowed in the Chiffonese world. They simply will not TOLERATE any opinion other than pure Stevie worship.
I think the fellow who said "We are all so loyal to our Queen, she can do no wrong," in regards to Christine, probably shouldn't take pot-shots at Stevie's fans.

While I'm here, I'd also like to take the opportunity to comment on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Stevie has her schtick. She's become this caricature that she created YEARS ago, and a lot of people don't buy it.
As I've said before, I find the discussions of Stevie's "worn-out schtick" from Christine's and Lindsey's fans to be highly ironic.

To me, Stevie's persona is no more unbelievable than Christine's four decades worth of singing love songs to guys who done her wrong but for whom she'd still sit at home and wait.
Or Lindsey's three decades of selling himself as a quirky "artiste" who's outside the mainstream, while readily alligning himself to big-ticket record companies who can get him the biggest cash advance.

Sure, Stevie's a middle-aged "fairy princess" who still writes about a relationship that broke up 25 years ago, but then Christine's a middle-aged co-dependent who still writes love songs to guys who only call her when they need a ride to the airport, and Lindsey's a middle-aged millionaire mansion-dweller who writes songs chastizing "the man" and his bureaucracies.

Someone can call all of that "schtick," but I call it part of what makes them each interesting as people and songwriters.