View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
It never seemed like Christine's heart was into 'Time' though. She has said her being on that album was a "contractual obligation,"
That's a new one to me. She seemed excited about doing another Mac album in an interview that was posted through here from around the time of the box set.
Quote:
and in her AOL interview to promote 'Time,' she talked about how much she missed Lindsey and Stevie and hoped they'd all work together again.
To be fair, she was asked if she would ever like to work with Stevie and Lindsey again.
Quote:
Rather odd to openly discuss how much better things are when your former bandmates are in the equation, instead of focusing on the strengths of your current bandmates and your current album.
Really, all I got out of that interview was that Christine would have rather worked with Lindsey Buckingham over Dave Mason. I didn't get that she was unhappy with either Bekka or Billy. Knowing that Steve Winwood is a close friend, I wasn't shocked that she was less than thrilled with Dave Mason. Plus, how enthusiastic could she be if she weren't touring with the band, and basically made it known that was her last album with the group? At that point, she really didn't have a personal stake in the band, and was most likely in a place where she was reflecting on her career.

THE Stephen Hopkins