Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
God, really!! I like at those lists & think what rotten taste so many fellow Mac fans have. Rotten = different from mine. Name the stupidest, least consequential, LCD pop or cock-pop corporate act, & chances are twenty people on that thread list that person as a favorite.
Like what's with all this Heart love & Benatar love from Stevie Nicks fans? I don't mean to sound surprised, because Stevie's fans have loved Heart & Benatar for decades, but it's like walking into someone's house & there's duck art on the walls--the kind of stuff you find in motel rooms--& you can extrapolate descriptions of that person's general taste. Either that, or the person is a notorious ironist.
I can't say I understand a lot of it, either, but it's an interesting level of diversity that certainly never seemed to exist on AMFM. More than the Heart/Benatar factions, I'm surprised at all the love for Streisand/Enya (sorry, Minnesota David!)/showtunes. I guess I never really thought there was that much truth to those particular stereotypes. Shows what I know.

Quote:
I've decided to speak my mind on the Ledge from now on, by the way.
That will certainly be a refreshing change of pace. I've decided to stick to this forum from now on, I think.