View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heroes... was the first Fleetwood Mac album released after I'd gotten a job at a record store (and therefore, the first Fleetwood Mac album I bought with my employee discount). So, it has some sentimental value above & beyond being a really good album.

When it first came out, I wasn't all that enamoured with "Silver Heels" (except the "If I could sing like Paul McCartney" line) or "She's Changing Me". But everything else was great. Over time, both of the aforementioned songs leapt up my "like 'em" list. For MANY years, "Bermuda Triangle" was my #2 favorite Mac tune (nothing will ever top "Oh Well")...it has dropped a bit since then, but it will never drop from the Top 10. My initial faves of the album were "Angel", "Born Enchanter" & "Bad Loser" (as well as the title cut which I thought was a "can't miss" hit single.)

This just seemed like a great follow-up to Mystery To Me. The only real downer about the album is all the crap they had to go through just to get the album made & released. It just makes me wonder what it would've sounded like had Bob Weston still been on board.

Last edited by chiliD; 03-14-2006 at 04:09 PM..