Thread: Danny ignored
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
To be fair, it's been 34 years since Danny was booted from the band. We're fans who listen to the stuff on a frequent basis, and it has stayed with us through the years.

That isn't true for them. This is their career. They've moved on with their lives. On one level, there's always a sadness whenever Danny is discussed. It's a shame, and a waste of talent. But, on the other, Danny WAS a very difficult personality. I've not ready any comments from Jeremy regarding Danny, but look at the things Mick, John, Christine, Bob Welch, and Peter Green have said about Danny over the years.

I know I've tended to filter out people from my own career, many who had a major impact (for better or worse) on it, as years go by. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. So, I honestly can't say that I would expect any different from the others.
That doesn't make it right though. And since when is being a difficult personality unique to Danny? I can think of one or two people who've been just as much trouble as he was, but then Danny wasn't commercially successful enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Ultimately, though, Danny got perhaps the ultimate tip of the hat, something NOT shown to Bob Welch, Billy Burnette, or Rick Vito, all of whom had more commercial success with Fleetwood Mac than Danny: Inclusion into the HOF as a member of Fleetwood Mac.
Like that means anything at all - totally irrelevant. The RRHOF means so little over here, I can't tell you. It doesn't buy you anything.

Anyway, Mac had far more commercial success when Danny was around than they did with Bob Welch. Not to slight Bob Welch, of course. Burnette and Vito were in Mac at a time when they were able to ride the huge success of the previous years, something that no other member has enjoyed. Again, I don't mean to slight their great talent. In any case the reason why Welch, Weston, Vito, Burnette etc aren't in the RRHOF is not musical, and it has no correlation with the importance of their contributions to the band - as we've all discussed many times.