View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Are you actually saying it's offensive to you that someone would think it was appalling that anyone enjoys make other people mad for their own amusement????
No. You argued that I should have understood your statements to be joking because of your use of emoticons. So I used that particular quote - which is followed by the laughing emoticon - to show why I might interpret your words as being anything but joking. And if your statement truly wasn't a joke, then why follow it with a ?

Quote:
Are you saying Stevie can't sing now, or can't sing at all? You said she couldn't sing, I thought you meant she couldn't sing. But even if you mean right now, yes, her voice is diminished, but she can still sing.
The word "can" is the present tense form of the word that means "to be able to" and thus refers to now. And if Stevie can't sing now, then she can't sing at all. "Used to be able to" doesn't cut it in my book.

Quote:
You attacked me for reasons you made up, because you don't like me.
Wrong again. I simply stated that I don't care what you think and you took offense to that and interpreted it as an attack.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 04-22-2006 at 12:37 AM..