View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
I'd say he was the main attraction BECAUSE he was the mimic. Neither Danny or Chris had much material and Jeremy knew how to put on a good rock 'n roll show, like he does towards the end of these shows. The pressure was probably on him to get the crowds going.
Jeremy was certainly the main focal point onstage at that time, because neither Danny nor Chris at that time had great stage presence. Arguably he had been a big presence onstage all along, even when Peter was in the band, because once Peter and Danny had done their tunes, Jeremy's act was a huge contrast and extremely popular.

I would disagree that Danny didn't have much material around that time. He had more than Jeremy for a start. Apart from what ended up on Kiln House, he had Dragonfly and the other extra tracks on Madison Blues, plus he had several unreleased songs from Peter Green days still knocking around. Jeremy's songs were nearly all covers or very close to being covers. I think that when it came to composing, Danny was the driving force of the band, even when Bob Welch joined - I think that's partly where Danny felt the pressure. It was only after Danny left that Bob and Chris wrote more songs.