View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
With the exception of MarcoLas and his juvenile comments (along with a very stupid signature), everyone on this board seems to have mature rationale on why they like or dislike LB's latest work. Many valid points have been made and quite honestly my view has been changed a bit towards the new cd. LB certainly has earned the opportunity to put out whatever he personally enjoys and when it comes down to it I guess that is all that really matters.

Unfortunately, the price that we pay as fans is that we are likely to never hear the much anticipated electric "rocking" cd that LB claims is coming out next year. The lack of sales for UTS probably will likely turn that project into the next "Gift of Screws". If we are lucky a few songs may make it on the next Mac cd. Record studios are all about sales and my educated guess is that Reprise is NOT pressuring LB to hurry up and finish his second cd in 12 months so they can hurriedly release it to the public. That was the whole point of my message....after 14 years of false release dates and hopes for a kick##@ cd, UTS was IMO a bit of a letdown. It's a decent cd and will likely stand the test of time, however due to it's general lack of sales appeal you can likely forget about another solo release next year.

Personally, I think if the record company was so concerned with shifting a ton of UTS cd's, they would have started the promotion for this cd months before it's actual release, upping his visibility and putting him back into the the minds of the buying public. AND... If they were all that concerned... they would have forced him to mix the cd with the rocking tracks that he said are finished and not given him the option. For all we know, he has paid for the everything out of his own pocket to produce this and to get it released... leaving the record company only responsible for distributing it... The more the record company puts out in promotion, the more the cd needs to sell to repay the label for those costs... Obviously they didn't expect much from sales, otherwise you would have seen a bigger push behind it.

I love the cd... I think it's a departure from his norm, but it's a welcome departure for me... It gets better with each listen.