View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I'm torn between people rightfully claiming where their art/songs should be, and the new paradigm, where since art is so easily spread, that people should embrace that and work with it. By which I mean, I guess, if you can't stop it, you should think of some other, new way to deal with it, and kinda not be an a-hole about something that won't do any good.
Don't get me wrong, by "ahole", I just mean that there should be a better solution, one between what artists think of as stealing from them, and the technological realities that we are living.
Hey, if this was before, or even now, I don't think people should be copyright stealing from Prince. But there has to be a better, MORE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL way to approach this dilemma, which is obviously not just with Prince, but with every recording artist.
Can't Prince hire some superthinkers or something? Because what he is doing is the obvious, most knee jerk, yet very probably not the most effective solution.
Just saying.

I'm sure some brilliant Ledge minds could come up with a workable alternative. I kinda just did. Kinda.
Even if they can't, clearly there is some bridge to be crossed here that someone needs to find a logical and beneficial solution to.

Or, maybe...in the future...people will play music because they love it, and if they are good, people will support them! No, wait, that is too simple. Because sometimes the masses have crappy, crappy, crappy taste.
It's a good starting point for the Ledge brilliantosity that I know is waiting out there.

"Between Law and Order and Brilliance and Innovation, there is...."

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-14-2007 at 03:02 AM..