View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Chris is pretty darn good on maracas, definitely. On Monday Morning on the Tusk Tour, she played the maracas with one hand & the organ with the other. It might not sound like much ... until you actually try doing it yourself! They're two different actions involved & they're both hard to synchronize. I've done it in performance. You wind up applying the maraca action to the keyboard & the keyboard action to the maracas.

Stevie's tambourine work is purely for show. (In fact, I've always believed that it was Mick playing the tambourine part on studio work like Go Your Own Way & Storms.) But I will say she's solid on the güiro on that filmed soundstage performance of You Make Loving Fun. That's not a particularly easy action to keep on beat.
Eyes of the World... Mirage Tour... I loved Christine's, perfect tamborine play... While Stevie was stumbling around with her tamborine, mouthing the words.... Christine was keeping beat... then doing a keyboard riff on her yamaha