View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
Agreed, Cussion

BTW, I've been watching the clips from France 1968 over and over again, blond amps, but I still can't tell if they're Bandmaster, Showmans, etc.

I always thought P G used 15" speakers, perhaps it's time for me to stop looking for a "stinkin' heavy" 2 x 15 cabinet....

There's really something special with the guitar sound at Shrine, I get the feeling tone controls are set to zero e.g. on Rollin' Man

/z
I think you should stick to the 2x15 cabinet hunt if you're looking for "the real thing", Zoork. I'm pretty sure PG used - not one, but - two Dual Showmans with two 2x15 cabinets, at least on parts of his last tour with Fleetwood Mac. Here's a pic from Stockholm, April 1, 1970, showing him in front of his double setup, here playing his 6-string bass but he sure used the same equipment for his LP. On the pic you cannot actually see that the cab's are 2x15 but to my memory it has always been. I remember being surprised over the fact that he used cabinets that usually was used by bass players, but it sure sounded alright......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0016.jpg (77.0 KB, 52 views)