View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
He was beginning to feel a bit threatened by Danny, sorry you never picked up on the full story. He was also starting to lose his marbles. That's just a fact, and this was during his tenure with the Mac, not after. Sorry to burst any precious bubbles here, but this isn't breaking news. I'm certainly not gloss-coating anything either. And if you couldn't see or appreciate Kirwan's stunning rise, tough. I know Peter certainly did.

You're related to him in some way, aren't you? "If you couldn't see or appreciate...tough"!?!? How many times do I have to say how great a songwriter Kirwan was?? I was only pointing out Kirwan's skills as a guitarist weren't on Green's level. From what I've read (which I take as fact), Green's biggest problem was that he was sick of being a celebrity. The drugs only made it worse.
I can see your point if Green left FM, and became a successful solo artist (ala Clapton), but that wasn't the case. Danny Kirwan didn't drive Peter Green into a life of menial jobs, and mental institutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
You're far more critical of DK, and forgiving of PG. Much as you feel I am, the other way around. You really need to replace that DK avatar with a PG one. Good discussion though.

You said it, this started with your post about a blog on Peter Green complaining that Danny Kirwan didn't get enough credit. Since you weren't going to point out Kirwan's shortcomings, someone needed to. I don't need to be lectured about the sad end of this era, I think I know enough. Now if Jeremy Spencer cares to correct me, I will take his word as gospel. Aside from that, yes this has been a great discussion. You have brought life back to this board, I'll say that.

Last edited by slipkid; 12-10-2008 at 01:25 AM..