View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Good call. I've had that thought once or twice, but she's got such a laundry list of classics that I'd almost hate to see it happen. I really don't want to deal with that "I didn't pay $20 to see Fleetwood Mac play somebody else's songs" logic again, like when Dave Mason was in the band. (I had fun, and thought the songs fit in well, but it was annoying to hear those drunk idiots bitch about it nonetheless.) Still, Mick and John would totally kick ass on on I Feel The Earth Move.
I think CK would be a great choice. But I'd want to check out her recent writing (if any). CK had some classics in the 70s, and "It's too late" and "I feel the earth move" would fit right in. But I think it would be a mistake to include someone whose writing is past its best. Not that I'm saying that CK is, just that I don't know.

If CMcV is to be replaced, then I think it would be better done by releasing an album with new songs first, so that the new artist isn't just filling in, but has some FM songs of her own. And the CMcV songs to be performed could be spread around the singing members, so that the new members isn't "just" a replacement.