View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I have the 3 cd set and "Oh we Jam" is on the third CD and may or may not be Clapton

On CD 2 after the set is an intro for the jam by peter followed by a 15 minute or so jam that ends in a drum solo. I have beel listening to Clapton, Green, Kirwan and to some extent walsh for a long time now. I can tell you I have no doubt about hearing Clapton there as well as green. The people that are less distinct are Walsh ( a relative youngster at the time and Kirwan who was semingly continuallytentative in those 70's jams. I ay that because of listening to just about every recorded Rattlesnake Shake and the Jam with the Dead three days after the Boston Gig at the Fillmore in NY.

doodyhead
"On We Jam" is only Kirwan and Green. I love how these recordings were mixed because it's always Peter on the right channel, Danny on the left. However on "Oh Well", the right channel is doing all of the solos, which should be Kirwan. Did they take turns?

As for the Jam with the Dead at the Fillmore, there are times you can barely hear Peter, yet he's the one who's driving the direction of the jam. The Dead never played a DS/Spanish Jam that intense before or since. By the end of Spanish Jam, Duane Allman has taken over.