View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default if wishes were horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
, there would be the obvious expectation that at least a few FM songs would be played. Not that it necessarily would need to be the entire focus of the set list, but strictly by virtue of the fact that you would have 2 of the "original" members of FM on the same stage, the expectation would exist that a few of the old FM songs would be played.

My point is that I don't think that will ever happen because Jeremy doesn't seem to have any nostalgia whatsoever for that time in his life. So be it.
If there were a double bill of the two bands it would be safe to say many of the old FM songs would be sung if for no other reason than more than half of Mick's bands repetoire is old FM songs or songs that the old FM covered themselves. As for Jeremy Spencer, he still does a few of the songs he did back then, like the revised "Dr Browm" that he labels as Doctor G and her still does Elmore James tunes. I personally don't think Mr Specer is that big on nostalgia for the old FM.

Would I love if Peter Green's FM featuring Jeremy Spencer got back together and play their old stuff? You bet I would. I think the idea of doing a collaborative album with all of the living and playing members is a nice one. John Mayall did a nice one a few years back called "Along For The Ride" which sadlly did not include Eric Clapton among others but did have Mayall, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green on the same song (along with Steve Miller) but not in the same studio at the same time

The cut is called "YO YO Man. I found out , to my chagrin when I was able to ask about the ccut to John McVie on this site, that he had no idea that Peter green was on the song with him. so it is fair to say a lot of legwork would need to be done to pull off such a feat again.

vinnie c