View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
If I were Fleetwood Mac, I would have ran with these opportunities. I would have put out more material because I would have worried that I may never get another chance. Why they seem to think that the music industry is going to be standing in line waiting for them to offer their material is beyond me and really a self centered attitude. Yes, if I were in the industry, I'd give them every chance in the world, but not everyone in the industry is a Fleetwood Mac fan!
Yet here we are waiting... anxiously... for them to record more new material. The reason the music industry will take whatever they can get is because the music industry is almost dead- it will take anything it can sell. And because old people have not caught onto illegal downloading like the youngsters, chances are that FM would actually sell legitimate, physical copies of their product, especially if given enhanced retailing strategies, e.g., exclusive WalMart distribution. Nobody has been less prolific than the Eagles, yet, 27 years after their last album, Long Road Out of Eden flew off WalMart shelves... and it was a horrendous album to boot!