View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

This is, BTW, the most positive review of Mick's book I've heard. I've considered reading it, but heard it was dull and unreliable. You recommend it, though?
I agree, that's about the nicest thing I've read on here about Mick's book!

I've read it and my feeling is that the emotional and personal content of it is very likely to be largely true, but it's been very poorly copy edited (I know, because that's my day job). What this means is that some people have taken the inclusion of factual inaccuracy to imply that there are inaccuracies of other, perhaps more important, kinds as well.

I think that's a risky assumption, rather like me telling you that I had the worst meal of my life at a certain restaurant but you don't believe me because I get the date I was there wrong.

As for CAH, I agree she doesn't qualify for the label of 'groupie' as I would ever understand it. I also think she, too, cops a lot of flak for a poor copy-editor - and also because some LB fans are upset by her accounts of LB's aggression towards her.

By the way, there's a thread somewhere that had a full text file of Mick's book.

Loz