View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Someone questioned Michele? Of course that person has a right, and said he liked to have his mind changed. I bet she did it.
Michelej1 doesn't get things wrong. She just doesn't. And she's nice, too. Never met her in my life, I just know.

Now, I want to go back and see if that guy told Miss Michele that she indeed did convince him of what she was right about.
Admit it, Mister

Don't worry, it's all good, Nikolaj. I've been sleeping, that's all! I live in Scotland and it was gone 1.00 a.m. when I last posted (now about 6.30 a.m. and the first thing is, I'm back on the Ledge, ha ha).

Has Michele changed my mind? No, not really, regarding my original assertion that, taken over the whole piece, both LB and SN are very careful about what they say about the day of the argument in 1987. It could just be that our judgement of what 'careful' means doesn't agree, but I still think they talk around it, and that that's deliberate.

Has Michele changed my mind about whether SN has embellished and changed the guitar-chucking episode? Yes, I think so. And I also think that she's absolutely right to bring up that the state of SN-FM relations colours what she says.

Two other wee points: I think the HSML dance is sexy, too. And I'm a woman. (I registered when I was trolleyed one night listening to Tusk, used a name that's a private joke and now have to live my whole Ledgie life with it! )