View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Lindsey, Stevie, and Mick have all voiced that they weren't happy with the finished product of the album, either. Mick and Lindsey have referred to it as disjointed; Stevie's railed against Lindsey's production; they've all pointed at a need for an outside producer if another Mac album were ever to be made.material on it. The tour was 18 months long, and pretty darn successful.
however, in the same breath Lindsey said that who cares if SYW was disjointed, Tusk was too, and that he considers Tusk his favorite FM album. if it was up to Lindsey i get a feeling he would not go with an outside producer, but he said over and over that at this point it's more of a question of a band politics (i think this really means that Stevie would never do it if they didn't have outside producer). imho, i think they need some balance musically and not just for the sake of the band politics, so if they pick a producer who can bring them that plus fit with both L and S, it will work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It barely got any radio play, it sank off the charts very quickly, received mixed reviews from critics, and is at best a footnote in Mac history.
see i don't think that will necessarily be the case. this sounds like something that may have been said for a Tusk album at the time it was out, and now Tusk keeps getting mentioned everywhere as the album that showcases the mac as cool and weird, instead of just mega-selling band that doesn't have much artistically to offer. i think SYW has some great songs (mostly lindsey's) that will stand the test of time when someone looks over FM legacy.