View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Except for maybe Show You How, which I think is almost matched in quality by Miranda, I can't think of any UTS songs that were better than his SYW selections. I didn't need SYW to include songs we'd seen before, like BTLH and SYHA, but I think for the most part he offered what he considered to be his best stuff.

I think the GOS songs were better than what was on SYW, but I don't think that was the result of strategic maneuvering.

I can't believe he hoarded his good stuff from not only Fleetwood Mac, but himself too and decided to put out UTS to mark time, but to save the really stellar tracks for the album that was to follow that one. Michele
Well, perhaps he was still holding out hope that Gift of Screws would be a Mac album--and Right Place to Fade, Gift of Screws, Wait for You (on which Mick and John play) would have made for an electrifying Mac album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.