View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
To me, Say You Will is a Lindsey Buckingham solo album with 8 or 9 bonus tracks featuring Stevie Nicks. It never sounded like a Fleetwood Mac record to my ears and while it did feature some standout cuts (mostly Lindsey's songs) it was just too damn long. Some selective editing would have improved it slightly. Most of Lindsey's songs on this record are fantastic - Stevie's not so much.
Well I think as we all know that's really what SYW was. LB's stuff was completed before SN even showed up. Her background was all added in after the fact, and some of those LB songs were never touched.

It's really difficult for this to sound like a true Rumours era album without CM as has been talked about at length. But this album missed on some of the core trademarks of a FM album. FM really is at it's best when songs are based around Mick, and John, with guitar parts added or layered over the top. With great harmony flowing between vocalist.

SYW used a totally different formula, the guitar on this album on nearly every song is the lead intstrument, relegating Mick and John to little more than just a rythm section. (With a few exceptions, John on Smile at You for example)

The album was too long, as I stated earlier in this thread. Either a decision needed to be made to make this album a double and get really creative or go for the biggest market share and go smaller with radio ready hits.

With Christine

1. Thrown Down
2. Friend
3. Peacekeeper
4. Steal Your Heart Away
5. Say you will
6. You are
7. What's the world coming to
8. Silver Girl
9. Say Goodbye
10. Bleed to love her
11. Forgiveness